How much I am spending and saving with AMC Stubs A-List Membership
**Note — This article is not sponsored by AMC. The goal of this article is to shine a light on this good deal if you love going to theaters.
AMC Stubs A-List is a monthly membership where users pay a certain fee to watch up to 3 movies every week. Including IMAX and Dolby Cinema.
The monthly fee depends on the plan you choose.
- Plan 1: For $23.95 (without tax)— You can see movies in any state
- Plan 2: For $21.95 (without tax) — Any state except for (CA, CT, MA, NJ, and NY)
- Plan 3: For $19.95 (without tax) — Up to 34 states except for (CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NJ, NY, OR, PA, VA, and WA)
Who is it for?
- If you are an avid movie-watcher who loves the experience of going to the movie theater with your family members or friends and enjoys so-so-comfortable recliner seats.
How about my subscription with Netflix, Disney+, Peacock, HBO Max, and Prime?
- If you can wait for the movies to be released on these online stream platforms (not all of them do) and you love to watch movies at home at your convenience these are perfect. You may not need this AMC subscription. Some of these streaming platforms have movies come out the day as they are released in theaters.
- I have been using AMC Stubs A-List since Feb 2019 and it has been wonderful so far. Was able to watch a lot of action/adventure films like the Avengers, Jumanji, Star Wars, Ford v Ferrari and tons more. From reserving your seats online to the actual theater experience, one can’t go wrong. They have premium presentation formats like the IMAX and Dolby vision and sound, you are definitely in it for a ride.
- I try to go every Friday. If it's a new movie then I have to watch it in the Dolby Format if not I try to catch the movies I have missed.
- If I go every Friday and watch a Dolby Format movie then the total would be ~$20 (cost of a ticket) * 4 (movies per month)= $80 at the end of every month.
- If I go every Friday and watch a regular format movie then the total would be ~$10 (cost of a ticket) * 4 (movies per month) = $40 at the end of every month.
- I have a plan where I can watch a movie at any AMC in any state which is around $23.95 without tax. If I had all the time in the world and was able to watch 3 movies per week which is a restriction that's 3 (movies per week) * 4 (weeks in month) * 10 (cost of a ticket for regular format) = $120
- If you fully utilize the membership, you would be saving around $96. $120 (total cost for 12 movies per month) — $23.95 (membership fee without taxes)
**Note — the cost of a ticket differs on the time of the day you are watching a movie. It's generally less expensive watching it in the morning.
- AMC Stubs A-List is a wonderful subscription if you see yourself going out to the movies often with great amenities and would like to save money.
- To find out more visit AMC